THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Holiday Happenings...

We've had such a wonderful holiday season! The festivities of eating, opening presents, etc kicked off having Christmas with Allison, Jon-Micah and Caleb before they headed off to California for Christmas. Everything that Elan opened he would say, "This is just want I wanted!!". He really only asked for Moon Sand, so I guess everything else was bonus! Emery enjoyed her 1st Christmas putting the wrapping paper in her mouth and giving her new babies "wide-mouth kisses" leaving slobber all over their faces. Jay's family has a tradition of going out to eat on Christmas Eve, so we always do that and enjoy finding somewhere, non-Chinese buffet, that is open. We all made cookies for Santa and left the reindeer food too. Christmas morning was so wonderful! Elan is at such a fun age and in awe that "Santa REALLY came to my house, ate my cookies, drank my milk, etc". Everything he opened was "his favorite"! I guess we better enjoy that while we can. :) We had Christmas dinner with my parents and brother and enjoyed spending time at the house. Jay's sister, Kelly, came down later in the week and brought Corey & Carter, Elan & Emery's cousins. The boys had such a great time playing! While they were here Emery took her first steps... yikes! Everyday Elan has said that he misses his cousins- so hopefully we'll get to see them again soon! We spent New Year's Eve at the house and all was dark and quiet by 10:30p- we just can't keep up like we used to! :) New Years Day we enjoyed a traditional black-eyed pea dinner and got all decked out in our ORANGE to watch the VOLS WIN! We even had a "dusting" of snow that night and my brother got a little crazy out in it (see picture)... We have had a good year- I won't say great because with adjusting to a new baby, going back to work, etc we have had our moments but by and large we consider ourselves so very blessed and we wish you and your family many blessing for 2008!


6 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the pjs. Going to bed early on New Years Eve sounds pretty good...especially when your kids get up early. Have a wonderful and blessed New Year. I hope we get to see you guys soon. Maybe a group camping trip this summer at Heber. We could meet in the middle. Love, Jenny

The Byrd Family said...

Looks like fun times to me! Isn't it so great that Santa is SO WONDERFUL at this age...I hope it lasts a very long time around here! Happy 2008 to you all too!!

Candie Bowen said...

I love looking at all of your pictures! I still can't decide who Emery looks like. She's so cute! I can;t belive she's almost 1!

The Parker Family said...

What a wonderful holiday for your family. I just saw your comment on my blog. Santa and his reindeer were in Brentwood at the Kroger/TJ Maxx shopping center. You will have to go next year. It is a great tradition.

Dee-Dee said...

Great pictures! They are at such a fun age for Christmas, aren't they? I am glad it was a wonderful one for you all!

Julie said...

I love all the pictures! Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas!