This song has always reminded me of my dad and I wanted to share the lyrics-
I remember Daddy's hands, Folded silently in prayer
And reaching out to hold me When I had a nightmare
You could read quite a story In the callouses and lines
Years of work and worry Had left their mark behind
I remember Daddy's hands, How they held my Mama tight
I remember Daddy's hands, How they held my Mama tight
And patted my back For something done right
There are things I've forgotten That I loved about the man
But I'll always remember The love in Daddy's hands
Daddy's hands Were soft and kind when I was cryin'
Daddy's hands Were soft and kind when I was cryin'
Daddy's hands Were hard as steel when I'd done wrong
Daddy's hands Were always gentle and I've come to understand
There was always love in Daddy's hands
I remember Daddy's hands Working til they bled
I remember Daddy's hands Working til they bled
Sacrificed unselfishly Just to keep us all fed
If I could do things over I'd live my life again
And never take for granted The love in Daddy's hands
We love Dad!
And so do the grandkids!
Dad and all of his "kiddos"-
Dad with baby EmerySuch a great grandad!!
I have the best dad in the world and our children are so blessed to have him as their Grandad! My dad is the most gentle, humble and selfless man that I know and I am so proud and blessed to have him as my earthly father.
We had a wonderful day on Sunday! After church we met my family for lunch then the four of us went to the pool to relax a little bit. Jay is such a wonderful dad. His biological father passed away several years ago and I believe that has really played a huge role in the relationship that he has our children. He loves Elan & Emery with all of his heart and it is so precious to see how much they love him too. There is nothing more special than seeing our childing loving on their daddy!! I am so grateful to God that our children have daddy that is so passionate about life, funloving, generous, humble, compassionate and loves Jesus!
We love daddy!
Elan loves to have a toothpick in his mouth just like Jay...
Fun at the pool...
Daddy's baby girl- She loves her daddy!!!
After a "rough" day at the pool... like father, like son...



6 comments:
I love that last picture! What a fun Father's Day! I hate that we missed out on all of the fun at the Stephens!
Such a sweet post! It is such a blessing to have great fathers for ourselves and our kids. Cute pictures of the cookout, too. Looks like tons of fun!
Cute Pictures. Looks like you guys had a great day! That last picture cracked me up!! :)
Great pics! Your kids are so cute! And feel free to re-post what I wrote, there are no copy right laws ;).
April, your dad looks so sweet! It was great catching up on your sweet family and looks like you are enjoying the summer so far. It was great to see Allison too in pictures - you guys both look exactly the same. Your children are adorable!
How sweet and precious! Love all the fun pics from Jeremy and Emily's house.
Post a Comment