THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy 3-0 to Jay!!

Well, my husband has been having a hard time the past couple of months with the thought of turning 30...I tried to tell him it wasn't that big of a deal! So to ease the pain of turning 30 I planned a surprise trip to Vegas for him. Much to my surprise, he really had no idea where we were going until we got to the airport. We had such an incredible time and the weather was perfect! Big thanks to Gran & Grandad for keeping the kiddos while we were away! I didn't want to plan too much since neither of us had ever been, but I did buy tickets for us to see Elton John- and as strange as some of his videos/concert decor are he is sooo talented and such a wonderful performer!! It was such a nice, relaxing (we even got to hang out at the pool one afternoon!) and much needed trip and we're already looking for another excuse to plan another get away. If you haven't taken a trip with your hubby lately- just the two of you- I highly recommend it!! I often forget that I'm still a wife and not just a mommy. Anyway- Happy Birthday to my wonderful, fun-loving, lighthearted, compassionate, caring, real, etc, etc and now THIRTY year old hubby! I love you so, so much!
Sorry for all of the slideshows- I can't figure out how to get individual pictures to post normally anymore with our new camera!!


15 comments:

kristy said...

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY, JAY!!! You are such an incredible guy and we are so blessed to have you as a friend!

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to nominate April for the wife of the year award. How awesome that you planned such a great get away for just the two of you?!!! It's even more awesome that you were able to fly under the radar and that the destination was actually a suprise! Two thumbs up!

Love you guys and are looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

Gina Savage said...

Happy Birthday!!! I spent the week away from Luke over spring break and couldn't wait to get home to my honey. Date nights and weekend getaways are the best! I feel like such a better mom when I return. Glad you could celebrate together.
Hugs,
Gina

The Byrd Family said...

So glad that you all had a great trip! I am so impressed that you pulled that one off...I don't think I could ever keep a secret like that! I'm sure that is one birthday that Jay will never forget! :) We love you guys!

Carrie Brown said...

That looks like so much fun! I was just thinking tonight that Earle and I really need to get away! We just need to figure out what to do with our kids!!
Carrie Brown

The Parker Family said...

What an amazing trip! How fun to spend some quality days together. Happy birthday to Jay...welcome to the cool 30's.

kma said...

I am officially jealous (in a good way) of the wonderful grown up get away! What a needed "must do"! It looks like it was a wonderful trip...tell Ward! :) Kelly

Desiree said...

Happy birthday Jay!! wow, that sounds like so much fun, way to go April!

Dee-Dee said...

What a great surprise!! Happy 30th to Jay! You are so right about getting away with your husband sometimes - so good for your relationship!

Julie said...

Looks like so much fun!!! You'll have to tell me about it. Sounds like a trip Brent and I might need to take!

kristy said...

Happy Birthday, April! (Pretty neat that your and Jay's birthdays are so close together.) I hope your day is great!!

Candie Bowen said...

What a fun trip- I've been meaning to ask you about it! Looks like you both had lots of fun! Elan & Brody would have been twinkies on Easter with their matching sweater vests! Sorry for not coming tonight- we made a late afternoon decision to have some relaxing family time after a busy few weeks. By the way- Happy Birthday to you!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jenny said...

Happy 30th! I remember when you were just a boy of 20. Oh how long ago. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Michael Ann said...

okay I'm jealous!! What a fun trip!! Glad you got to get away and take time for eachother. You look great by the way!

Jenny said...

Hey April! It was so great to hear from you. You have a beautiful family. We all "grew up" to be so blessed, didn't we?